- 1 kg kid goat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tbsp oil
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped
- 8-10 cloves garlic, pureed
- 2 ½ inch ginger, pureed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1½ tbsp coriander powder
- 1½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp paprika (not smoked)
- 1 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1½ salt (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp natural yogurt
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- 2- 2½ cups water
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander to serve
- Marinade the goat with all the ingredients except the oil, water and chopped coriander (can then be kept in the fridge for a few hours or cooked immediately).
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on a medium to high heat and then add the above mixture, cook for 5 minutes stirring continuously. Add one cup of water and stir. Once bubbling, turn down the heat and cover the saucepan with the lid. IMPORTANT: do keep an eye on it and stir occasionally.
- Once the oil starts coming to the top and starts to separate add another cup of water, simmer until the goat is tender. Adding more water if gravy becomes too dry.
- Finish by adding the fresh coriander
NB. This curry can be made using any meat of your choice including chicken and lamb.