- 1 aubergine thinly sliced
- 1 large potato thinly sliced
- 3 onions finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- ½ tbsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 x chopped fresh chilli or chilli powder to taste (optional)
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 teacup gram (besan) flour
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- Chopped fresh coriander to serve
1. Mix all the vegetables together with the spices in a large bowl, add the egg and the besan flour, if too dry add a couple of spoons of water to form a soft dough
2. Heat enough oil in a pan for shallow frying. When oil is hot, make a ball with the mixture and flatten in the palm of your hands (as you would a fishcake). Fry on both sides for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
3. Garnish with salad and enjoy!